- Chiropractic care is a primary health care profession in Ontario. Chiropractic doctors use non-invasive, hands-on techniques to diagnose, treat and prevent disorders related to the spine, pelvis, nervous system and joints.
- Your back health is important! The body’s information highway – your nervous system – is protected by your spine. The nervous system travels out between the vertebrae or joints of the spine to carry messages from the brain to every corner of your body. Stress and strain on the vertebrae can put pressure on the nerves in the affected area. That is why a problem with your spine can have far-reaching effects causing symptoms such as arm or leg pain.
- Chiropractors will take a history and perform a physical examination to determine the diagnosis. Once a diagnosis is made, the chiropractor will create a treatment plan that may include spinal manipulative therapy (SMT), acupuncture, soft tissue therapy and therapeutic exercises, as well as provide nutritional, dietary and lifestyle counselling.
- Chiropractic has also been shown to provide symptomatic relief for patients with chronic conditions.
Chiropractic care offers a non-invasive, drug-free approach to healing. Chiropractic care can lead to the following:
1. Improved joint motion
2. Improved physical function and performance
3. Better posture
4. Relief from headaches, neck and back pain
5. Prevention of work-related muscle and joint injuries
6. Enhanced athletic performance
7. Improved flexibility
8. Relief of pregnancy related back ache
9. Correction of gait and foot problems
10. Relief and healing from chronic injuries
i. Headaches and Migraines
ii. Neck and Back pains
iii. Arthritis/joint pains
v. Restricted Movement in the back, shoulders or limbs
vi. Pregnancy related back pain
vii. Sports Injuries
ix. Work related injuries
x. Post-concussion Symptoms
Acupuncture is the insertion of ultra-fine needles at precise points on the body to encourage natural healing. The result is improved mood and energy, reduced pain and improved function in affected areas of the body.
i. Headaches or migraines
ii. Arthritis/joint pain
iii. Neck and back pains
iv. Sinus congestion
vi. Sports related injuries
vii. Pregnancy related back pain
viii. Reduce stress
i. According to ancient Chinese medicine, the body is a network of interacting energies (Qi). The even distribution and flow of these energies will maintain health. Any interruption, depletion or stagnation in these energies will lead to disease. The goal of acupuncture is to correct the imbalances in flow and restore health through stimulation of specific acupuncture points.
ii. The modern scientific explanation is that needling the acupuncture points stimulates the release of chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord and brain. This release of chemicals will lead to reduced pain, inflammation, and stimulate the body’s own internal regulating system to promote healing.
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization
Instrument Assisted Soft Tissue Mobilization (IASTM) is a manual therapy approach to musculoskeletal injuries using specifically designed tools. The tools are made from medical grade stainless steel and are applied to the injured area using different techniques for purposes of breaking up abnormal densities in tissue, stimulating the nervous system and to initiate healing in the body.
i. Scarring and fibrosis
ii. Fascial tension and densification
iii. Neural tension
iv. Muscle shortening (tight muscle)
v. Trigger points
Soft Tissue Therapy
Soft tissue therapy (STT) is an adjunctive therapy which involves finding taut bands of musculature and using a combination of pressure and active stretching of the muscle for the purpose of loosening the tissues and allow for free and painless movement
Rehabilitation is integral part of the recovery in almost all musculoskeletal conditions. At Sound Chiropractic and Wellness Clinic, we provide patients with individualized home exercise programs to help them restore function, improve mobility, strengthen muscles and perform their daily activities.
i. Orthotics support, align, prevent and correct mal-alignments and improved functions of the foot. They provide proper support and alignment of the foot which allows the bones, muscles, tendons and ligaments to work more efficiently, relieve pain and prevent injuries.
ii. Orthotics are not just for people with foot pain. It can also help people who suffer from back pain, pain in hips and knees and people dealing with work or sport related injuries.
Custom-made orthotics can be prescribed here at Sound Chiropractic Clinic by our Chiropractic Doctors and are manufactured at an affiliate lab. A laser scan of your feet along with a digital gait scan, are sent to the lab where they custom-make an orthotic device specific to you and your needs.