- Your first visit to a chiropractor at Sound Chiropractic can last up to 45 minutes, and will
consist of a thorough history, physical examination and a diagnosis of the chief
complaint (reason for the visit). During the history, the Doctor will be engaging you in a
conversation that provides information and will help lead towards a diagnosis.
- The physical examination will consist of many tests geared toward delivering a proper
diagnosis to your area of concern. Components of the physical examination often
include procedures such as: range of motion testing, neurological, orthopaedic and
functional muscle tests.
- After the examination, the Doctor will describe to you what they have found and will
provide you with a diagnosis and work with you to create an individualized treatment
plan that best suits your needs.
- If you haven’t downloaded the initial consult forms, please arrive at the clinic up to 10
minutes early to fill out the paperwork.
- Chiropractors are regulated primary healthcare professionals.
- Chiropractors are highly educated and extensively trained to assess, diagnose, treat and
prevent conditions and disorders of the spine, joints, muscles, and nervous system.
There is a minimum of 7 years of post-secondary education required to become a
licensed Doctor of Chiropractic and hundreds of hours of clinical training and hand-on
- An adjustment is also known as spinal manipulative therapy (SMT). This is when a doctor
provides a quick thrust to a specific joint in your body to restore normal function while
relieving pain and discomfort
- No, however, extended healthcare providers (work benefits) do cover chiropractic care.
Please check with your extended health benefits plan to see if you have coverage. No
referral is necessary to see a chiropractor
- We do offer direct billing through Telus health.
- Insurance companies we can do direct billing with include:
- BPA - Benefit Plan Administrators
- Canada Life
- Canadian Construction Workers Union
- Chambers of Commerce Group Insurance Plan
- Desjardins Insurance
- First Canadian
- GMS Carrier 49
- GMS Carrier 50
- Industrial Alliance Financial Group
- Johnson Inc.
- Johnston Group
- Liuna Local 183
- Liuna Local 506
- Manulife Financial
- Maximum Benefit
- Standard Life
- Sun Life Financial
- Green Shield Canada
- Blue Cross